Landscaper with history of anxiety was found dead in his back-garden den, inquest hears
- Credit: Google Streetview
A 23-year-old Norwich landscaper who was found dead in his den in the family's back garden intended to end his life, an inquest heard.
Billy Dunthorne, of South Park Avenue in Eaton, Norwich was found dead by a family member and a neighbour on Saturday, July 22, 2017.
Senior coroner Jacqueline Lake said Mr Dunthorne was found slumped in the den after his mother, Catherine Dunthorne, knocked to say goodbye but received no answer from her son.
The door to his den was kicked in by Mrs Dunthorne and a neighbour, but when paramedics arrived, he was declared dead at the scene at 11.25am.
The inquest heard that Mr Dunthorne had a history of anxiety issues and had been on medication in the past to control them.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Lake said the cause of death was suicide by hanging.
- 1 Injured man found on Norfolk beach could be linked to woman's death
- 2 One of Norfolk's most expensive homes for sale for £3.5million
- 3 Police on scene in village 'just in case' as person taken to hospital
- 4 Fight back against plans for supermarket 'in wrong place' on A47
- 5 Man detained under mental health act after Norwich disturbance
- 6 'One crazy decision' - Mother's anguish over son's death as dealer jailed
- 7 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 8 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 9 'I ran for my life' - Neighbour who saw fatal row tells of terror
- 10 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months