Motorcyclist and goldfish caught doing 125mph on A47
- Credit: ARCHANT LTD
A motorcyclist was found with a goldfish in his rucksack after being caught doing 125mph on one of Norfolk’s main roads.
Officers from the Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team (NSRAPT) stopped the rider on the A47 on Sunday, May 3.
When officers spoke to the motorcyclist, they were told they had been to collect a pet fish, which was found to be in the rider’s rucksack.
The fish was “alive and well”, police confirmed.
It came on the same day another road user was caught travelling at 127mph along the A47 at Norwich, heading towards Great Yarmouth.
The driver was stopped and reported by officers, who discovered the MOT on the vehicle had expired.
You may also want to watch:
Also on Sunday, another speeder was spotted travelling at 98mph along the A47 at Longwater.
“Please slow down,” said NSRAPT on Twitter. “With the lighter traffic you’ll get there sooner anyway.”
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 3 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 4 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 5 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 6 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 7 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
- 8 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 9 Plastic fork firm redundancies blamed on supermarket ‘greenwashing’
- 10 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told