Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- Credit: David Hannant
A woman in her 40s was the victim of a serious sexual assault in Norwich this morning.
It happened at around 6am, when she was targeted by a man while walking in Barrack Street.
A police cordon is in place outside the St James' Quay development, blocking access through the car park to the riverside footpath.
Police are appealing for help, and are asking anyone who has any information which could help their investigation to come forward.
Inspector Alix Wright said: "Officers are in the very early stages of their enquiries and are currently working with the victim to establish the exact circumstances around the incident.
"However, we are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident, or particularly anyone who may have dashcam footage in the area of Silver Road and Barrack Street from around 6am this morning."
Anyone with information should contact Norwich CID on 101 or email CIDAppealsNorwich@norfolk.pnn.police.uk and quote incident number 58 of Friday, June 11, 2021.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 5 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 6 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 7 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 8 Hundreds flock to see exotic birds in Yarmouth bushes
- 9 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 10 Hot property - Homes selling just days after being on market