Man arrested after trying to steal a digger from ‘remote location’
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested on suspicion of burglary after he allegedly tried to steal a digger.
Halesworth Police officers were called to a business address in Church Road, Uggeshall at about 11.45pm on Wednesday night (May 8) following reports of a burglary in progress at "a remote location."
A police spokesman said: "Officers quickly attended the scene and discovered that an attempt had been made to steal a digger by loading it in a van.
"It appears the suspect had been disturbed and left the scene on foot."
A post on the Halesworth Police Facebook page said: "Great work last night by #HalesworthTeam5 who responded to a report from a vigilant member of the public.
You may also want to watch:
"Officers attended a remote location in Uggeshall and found a male in the act of stealing a digger and loading it onto his vehicle, ready to drive off with it.
"The male was arrested on suspicion of burglary."
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 4 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 5 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 6 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 7 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 8 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 9 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 10 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
A 55-year-old man from Norwich was arrested on suspicion of burglary and subsequently taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
He remains in custody.
? Witnesses or anyone with information in relation to the incident are asked to contact Suffolk Police on 101 quoting reference 37/25962/19. Alternatively, contact the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online via