Man suffers broken jaw during serious assault in park by teenager
- Credit: Archant
A man suffered a broken jaw after being punched in the face by a teenager when trouble flared in a park.
Police are seeking witnesses after the man in his 50s was seriously assaulted at the park in Lowestoft.
Trouble flared on Saturday, September 5 at Bleach Park off Church Road about 2.30pm.
A police spokesman said: “After an altercation involving a number of children, an older youth punched one of the children’s dads in the face.
“The suspect then walked off in the direction of Water Lane.”
You may also want to watch:
The man suffered a broken jaw and was taken to hospital, requiring surgical treatment.
Police said the man they are keen to trace is about 18-years-old, tall, with brown curly hair that was short shaved at the back and sides. He was wearing a grey coloured tracksuit.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 5 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 7 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 8 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 9 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 10 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
Witnesses, or anyone with information, should contact Lowestoft CID quoting reference 37/51773/20 on 101.