Man suffers broken jaw during serious assault in park by teenager
- Credit: Archant
A man suffered a broken jaw after being punched in the face by a teenager when trouble flared in a park.
Police are seeking witnesses after the man in his 50s was seriously assaulted at the park in Lowestoft.
Trouble flared on Saturday, September 5 at Bleach Park off Church Road about 2.30pm.
A police spokesman said: “After an altercation involving a number of children, an older youth punched one of the children’s dads in the face.
“The suspect then walked off in the direction of Water Lane.”
The man suffered a broken jaw and was taken to hospital, requiring surgical treatment.
Police said the man they are keen to trace is about 18-years-old, tall, with brown curly hair that was short shaved at the back and sides. He was wearing a grey coloured tracksuit.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 3 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 4 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 5 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 6 School closed its doors for three days after Covid outbreak
- 7 Luxury manor for sale with a 'Hobbit house' in the grounds
- 8 Unfinished barn conversion to go up for sale at auction
- 9 Car flips over in crash near south Norfolk village
- 10 Out of control dog attacked and killed sheep, court hears
Witnesses, or anyone with information, should contact Lowestoft CID quoting reference 37/51773/20 on 101.