Arrests after woman held hostage in home containing drugs and samurai sword
- Credit: Submitted
Three people have been arrested after a woman was found held against her will in a home in Norwich.
Police were called to a property in Lefroy Road last night at 8.20pm, where they found the woman along with eight cannabis plants and a samurai sword.
Officers were called after concerns were raised about the woman's welfare.
Three people, a 17-year-old boy, a 19-year-old woman and a 42-year-old man were arrested on suspicion of false imprisonment and cultivating cannabis.
The 42-year-old man was also arrested on suspicion of an offensive weapon.
A neighbour, who did not want to be named, reported seeing a heavy police presence in the area.
She said: "There was a load of police last night, I heard a lot of sirens, then all the doors slamming so rushed to kitchen see what the commotion was about as it’s usually quiet around here at that time.
- 1 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 2 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 3 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 4 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 5 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 6 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 7 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 8 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 9 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 10 Seven of the best locations for a minibreak staycation in Norfolk
"It disbanded really quickly but there must of been at least 11 cars and vans flashing everywhere."
All suspects remain in custody at Wymondham Police Station.