Armed police called to Norwich home after man is stabbed in chest
- Credit: Luke Powell
A woman has been arrested after a man was stabbed in the chest in a flat in Norwich.
Police, including armed officers, were called to the scene just after midnight following reports a man had been stabbed with a knife during an incident in Watson Grove.
A woman in her 30s was arrested in connection with the incident and has been taken to Wymondham Police Investigation Centre where she will be questioned.
The victim, a man in his late 50s, suffered a serious chest injury but it is not thought to be life threatening. He was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for treatment.
The investigating officer, DC Craig Leeder, said: 'We are in the early stages of our investigation and working to establish a sequence of events. 'However, we currently believe this to be an isolated incident and we are working to reassure the local community.
'A number of officers remain in the area to continue the investigation.'
• Any witnesses should contact Norfolk Constabulary on 101.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 3 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 4 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 5 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 6 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 7 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 8 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 9 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 10 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades