Armed police called to Norwich home after man is stabbed in chest
- Credit: Luke Powell
A woman has been arrested after a man was stabbed in the chest in a flat in Norwich.
Police, including armed officers, were called to the scene just after midnight following reports a man had been stabbed with a knife during an incident in Watson Grove.
A woman in her 30s was arrested in connection with the incident and has been taken to Wymondham Police Investigation Centre where she will be questioned.
The victim, a man in his late 50s, suffered a serious chest injury but it is not thought to be life threatening. He was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for treatment.
The investigating officer, DC Craig Leeder, said: 'We are in the early stages of our investigation and working to establish a sequence of events. 'However, we currently believe this to be an isolated incident and we are working to reassure the local community.
You may also want to watch:
'A number of officers remain in the area to continue the investigation.'
• Any witnesses should contact Norfolk Constabulary on 101.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 4 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 5 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 6 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 7 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 8 The top-rated McDonald's in Norfolk according to Tripadvisor
- 9 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 10 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk