Armed police arrest suspected shotgun thieves in car park
- Credit: Archant
Armed police arrested two men in Norwich on Wednesday morning suspected of stealing three shotguns from a house in Beccles.
On Tuesday afternoon police attended a home in North Cove after two men had entered and carried out an "untidy search".
Two single bore shotguns and a double-barrelled shotgun were stolen from the property, along with some cash.
The men were seen climbing out of a window from the house when the homeowner returned, and they fled the scene in a vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
By 10am on Wednesday morning, armed police swooped on the Adam and Eve car park to arrest two men in connection with the incident.
Around six units including dog units attended after being alerted at 9.58am.
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 4 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 5 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 6 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 7 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 8 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 9 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 10 Rooms with a view? See two new hotel suites costing £120,000
One man was arrested in the St Helen's Wharf car park and another was arrested on nearby Wensum Street.
A van was also seized by police and towed from the scene.
A Norfolk Police spokeswoman said: "Two men were arrested on suspicion of burglary following an incident in Suffolk overnight.
"One man was arrested at the car park, and another on Wensum Street."
A Suffolk Police spokeswoman said: "We were called at 15.10pm yesterday, Tuesday 2 July, following reports of a burglary in North Cove, Beccles.
"At some point during the afternoon, two males entered an address in Marsh Lane via a window and an untidy search was carried out. An amount of cash, two single 12 bore shotguns and one double-barrel shotgun were stolen from within.
"Two males were witnessed climbing out of the window of a property as the occupants returned home. The males then fled from the property and then drove away.
"Suffolk officers carried out an investigation and two men were arrested today, Wednesday 3 July in Norwich, Norfolk by Norfolk officers."
The two men - aged 41 and 31 - were arrested on suspicion of burglary and have been taken to Wymondham Police Investigation Centre in Norfolk, for questioning, where they currently remain.