Axes, swords and a crossbow among stash of weapons seized from flat
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after armed police and a dog unit swooped on a Norwich flat where they seized a 'stash of weapons'.
At around 2pm on Sunday afternoon, residents at Apsley Court, off Bowthorpe Road, witnessed around five police cars surround the area.
Officers seized a stash of weapons from the property, including axes, a knife, swords, a crossbow and what looked like to be a rifle.
Norwich Police tweeted: 'Excellent work from team 4 today. Address in earlham attended for arrest attempt and came across this weapon stash. All seized to be destroyed. #team4 #PS279 #1354 #1871 #1717 #1389 #RAPT.'
A 33-year-old man, who did not want to be named, said he heard loud banging and peaked through the window to see what was happening.
You may also want to watch:
He said officers led a man away from the first floor flat but some police remained in the area for another hour before leaving at around 3pm.
'The police had helmets on and had rifles,' he said. 'They were coming and going from his flat. 'It was a little bit scary, they were shouting at him, but when he left in the police van they were relaxed.'
- 1 Water outages hit homes across city
- 2 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 3 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 4 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 5 People released from car after crash closes road
- 6 Landlady warns community pubs are being 'crucified' by new measures
- 7 Norfolk hospitals have discharged over 1,100 coronavirus patients
- 8 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 9 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 10 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
Police were pictured by passers-by standing outside the small block flats, located a short walk from Ivy Court care home.
Police said one man was arrested in relation to an earlier incident, adding that no more information could be given at this time.