Man scares off knife-wielding robbers by waving coat at them
- Credit: Google Streetview
A man in his 50s managed to scare off two would-be robbers by waving his coat at them on a popular cycle and walking route.
The man was on Marriott’s Way near Norwich when he was approached by two men who asked for some money at around 9.20pm on Sunday October, 18.
One of the suspects was holding a knife at the time of the incident but both men fled when the victim waved his coat at them.
Both suspects are described as white, in their 20s and wearing dark clothing with dark face coverings.
Anyone who may have witnessed the incident, or anyone with information, should contact PC Katie Powell at Bethel Street Police Station on 101 quoting reference number 36/73628/20.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 2 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 3 Major boost for £100m campaign to reintroduce rail travel between two Norfolk towns
- 4 Six new coronavirus deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospital
- 5 Flood alerts in place across Norfolk
- 6 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 7 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 8 How close is Norfolk to tier 1?
- 9 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 10 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village