Man scares off knife-wielding robbers by waving coat at them
- Credit: Google Streetview
A man in his 50s managed to scare off two would-be robbers by waving his coat at them on a popular cycle and walking route.
The man was on Marriott’s Way near Norwich when he was approached by two men who asked for some money at around 9.20pm on Sunday October, 18.
One of the suspects was holding a knife at the time of the incident but both men fled when the victim waved his coat at them.
Both suspects are described as white, in their 20s and wearing dark clothing with dark face coverings.
Anyone who may have witnessed the incident, or anyone with information, should contact PC Katie Powell at Bethel Street Police Station on 101 quoting reference number 36/73628/20.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland