Search on for arsonists who targeted lifeboat shed
- Credit: Archant
Arsonists tried to set fire to the lifeboat shed at Caister, near Great Yarmouth.
The fire, close to the doors for the lifeboats, was spotted by a crew member who was helping to search for a missing dog in the area about 10pm last night (Thursday, March 5).
Firefighters from Great Yarmouth were called to the incident at Skippers Walk shortly before 10.20pm although the fire was extinguished before their arrival.
A message on Caister Lifeboat's Facebook page urged anyone with information to contact police.
It said: "One of our crewmen - who by pure luck was in the area helping to look for a missing dog - saw the fire and managed to put it out."
You may also want to watch:
They added: "If the shed had gone up, we would have lost everything; most of all, our ability to save lives."
Information to police, who have been informed, on 101.
- 1 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 2 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 3 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 4 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 5 Parts of Norfolk see heavy snow falls with more to come
- 6 Heavy rain prompts flood warnings as first snow forecast to fall
- 7 Workmen unearth six skeletons during city street overhaul
- 8 'Don't bend rules' warning to Christmas revellers
- 9 Cattle farmer who was 'known across the country' dies aged 79
- 10 Man denies running Japanese restaurant from Norwich home for the third time