Group attack with ‘sharp-edged weapon’ leave man with serious injuries
- Credit: Archant
A man suffered serious hand and arm injuries after being attacked by a group wielding a “sharp-edged weapon”.
The man, in his 20s, was attacked inside a home on Woodward Road in Norwich on Tuesday (September 1).
Police said a small group of people entered and attacked him shortly before 11pm.
The unknown suspects then escaped down an alleyway towards Oxnead Road and Blomefield Road.
The victim suffered serious injuries to his hand and arm and was taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Police said it appeared to be a targeted attack, and there was “no apparent threat to the wider community at this stage”.
Officers are appealing for witnesses to the incident or suspicious activity or to anyone who may have dash cam or CCTV footage from the surrounding roads or Mile Cross area at the time.
- 1 Police give out £200 penalty notices to day-trippers for second weekend running
- 2 'They think they can get away with it' - crowds flock to seaside village
- 3 Buy a former 1950s police station for sale for £330,000
- 4 100 cannabis plants found at three neighbouring properties in village
- 5 MP moves to reassure public as film crew hires out village homes
- 6 Man dies after rescue operation to cardiac arrest call
- 7 Norfolk Covid-19 cases at lowest level since October, figures show
- 8 Man in 70s punched and kicked repeatedly after being pulled from car
- 9 Family of missing man informed after body found in water
- 10 Greek chain looks set to take over former Giraffe restaurant
Anyone with information should contact Detective Sergeant Adam Rayner at Bethel Street Police Station on 101, quoting crime number 36/61225/20.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.