Group attack with ‘sharp-edged weapon’ leave man with serious injuries
- Credit: Archant
A man suffered serious hand and arm injuries after being attacked by a group wielding a “sharp-edged weapon”.
The man, in his 20s, was attacked inside a home on Woodward Road in Norwich on Tuesday (September 1).
Police said a small group of people entered and attacked him shortly before 11pm.
The unknown suspects then escaped down an alleyway towards Oxnead Road and Blomefield Road.
The victim suffered serious injuries to his hand and arm and was taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Police said it appeared to be a targeted attack, and there was “no apparent threat to the wider community at this stage”.
Officers are appealing for witnesses to the incident or suspicious activity or to anyone who may have dash cam or CCTV footage from the surrounding roads or Mile Cross area at the time.
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 4 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 5 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 6 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 7 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 8 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 9 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 10 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
Anyone with information should contact Detective Sergeant Adam Rayner at Bethel Street Police Station on 101, quoting crime number 36/61225/20.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.