Audi driver wanted after BMW written off in hit-and-run
- Credit: Archant
A driver who crashed into another moving car showering its occupants with broken glass is wanted by police.
Officers were called at just after 7.15pm on November 4 to the A1064 at Filby near to the Broadlands Leisure Centre.
They were alerted by the driver of a BMW which had been struck while travelling towards Acle by an Audi TT which was heading towards Great Yarmouth.
The BMW was written off.
A police spokesman said: “The TT would have also suffered damage, including the loss of a wing mirror. Inquiries are ongoing to trace the driver.”
You may also want to watch:
Sam Bevan, who was in the car at the time, said: “We were inches away from having a head-on.”
Ellen Martie made an appeal over Facebook.
- 1 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 2 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 4 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 5 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 6 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 7 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 8 Six schools in Norwich area closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 9 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 10 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
She said: “The way this person was driving in a 30 astounds me.
“It was a fairly straight piece of road and he was doing about 70mph on the wrong side of the road. To top it off rather than stop he drove off even faster than he came.
“We are very lucky to have suffered minor injuries with cuts and bruises. But it has written off our car, a car I need to got to work as a key worker.
“Has anyone noticed their neighbour has covered/garaged their grey Audi TT? Or anyone know the numberplate or owner of this car, or have CCTV footage covering the road area from Fleggburgh to Caister?”
Contact Norfolk Police on 101 quoting incident number 366 of 4 November.