‘Mindless idiots’ in 4x4 wreck infamous Norfolk roundabout
- Credit: Archant
A village's roundabout has been destroyed by a 4x4 driver branded 'a mindless idiot' by angry residents.
Earlier this week an individual or group of people tore over Ditchingham's famous roundabout on the A143 in what residents believe to be a large off-road car.
The roundabout gained a degree of fame, having been nicknamed the 'chicken roundabout' as more than 100 of the birds used to live on the central island.
Though they were removed in 2013, it is thought that chickens lived at the roundabout near Ditchingham Maltings for more than 50 years, with Gordon Knowles of Bungay, feeding them for 21 years.
Thousands of flowers and wild flower seeds were planted at the roundabout in the summer.
You may also want to watch:
Reactions to the damage on local Facebook groups generally condemned who did the damage, with some calling the driver responsible a "mindless idiot".
Another person said: "They do it because they can, no one is there to stop them. Someone out there will know who did this. Time to man up and name and shame."
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 4 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 5 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 6 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 7 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 9 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 10 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps