Trial date set for man accused of murdering wife
- Credit: Emily Thomson
The trial of a man accused of murdering his wife is expected to take place in February.
Before Ipswich Crown Court on Friday, November 12, for a case management hearing, via prison video link, was 46-year-old Andrius Vengalis, of Bury Road, Brandon.
He has denied murdering Eglė Vengalienė, whose body was discovered in a pond at Brandon Country Park on April 9 this year.
Vengalis first appeared in court on April 13, when prosecutors told magistrates that a preliminary postmortem examination had indicated the most likely cause of death to be drowning.
The court heard that Vengalis and Egle Vengaliene were married and had five children.
At a hearing at Ipswich Crown Court in April, Judge Martyn Levett set a provisional trial date for January 11 next year, but it was subsequently changed to February 14, 2022.
The trial is expected to last three weeks.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 4 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 5 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 6 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 7 Woman arrested after man hit with a broom in city centre
- 8 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 9 'Horrendous' - Norfolk couple stuck in South Africa as Omicron spreads
- 10 Norwich independent school named one of best in East Anglia