Man charged with murder after death in woods appears in court
- Credit: Stuart Anderson
A man accused of the murder of a 40-year-old who died in woodland near Norwich has appeared in court via video-link.
Andrew Forbes, of Treeview Court, Crome Road, Norwich, is accused of killing Daniel Littlewood, who died after suffering serious traumatic head injuries in Clapham Wood, off Drayton Road.
Forbes, appearing in front of a district judge at Norwich Magistrates Court via video link from Great Yarmouth police station on Wednesday morning, spoke just to confirm his name, address and that he could hear what was being said.
He was wearing a blue jumper and was represented in court by Rob Barley.
The short hearing saw the case sent to Norwich Crown Court, where Forbes, 39, is due to appear on Thursday, June 25.
A pre-trial hearing is then scheduled for July 22. He was not granted bail.
You may also want to watch:
On Monday morning, at around 5.15am, police discovered a man with serious head injuries in Clapham Woods.
Paramedics attended the scene but the man, later confirmed by police to be Mr Littlewood, died as a result of his injuries at the scene.
- 1 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 2 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
- 3 Council to force landowners to sell so £1.3m roundabout can be built
- 4 Restaurant boss U-turn after row over trial shift pay
- 5 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 6 Norfolk to feature in Steven Spielberg's Second World War TV series
- 7 Man died after lorry crashed into litter picking vans on A11
- 8 Electric scooter riders arrested for drink-driving
- 9 Tiny baby saved by 120-mile flight in 'wrong' helicopter
- 10 Driver may have fallen asleep before fatal crash, inquest hears
A police cordon was put in place around the area while officers continue their investigations.