Driver in court over death of passenger
- Credit: Archant
A man has appeared in court charged with causing the death of a 27-year-old passenger in his car by careless driving.
Andrew Carter, 30, of North Brink, Wisbech, is accused of causing the death of Craig Cooke by driving an Audi A4 without due care and attention on Lynn Road at Castle Rising, near King's Lynn, on the evening of Monday, September 17, 2018.
Mr Cooke of Burnham Avenue, Lynn, was airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital, in Cambridge, where he later died of his injuries.
Carter spoke only to confirm his name and address when he appeared for a preliminary hearing at Lynn magistrates court on Thursday.
The case was adjourned to Norwich Crown Court on Thursday, February 20.
You may also want to watch:
Carter was given unconditional bail until the next hearing.
- 1 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 6 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low