Drug driver caught doing 92mph on A47
- Credit: Archant
A motorist was arrested by police after he was caught speeding on a busy road.
The driver was stopped by police after he was recorded at travelling 92mph on the A47 at Acle, where the speed limit is 70mph.
Officers from the Norfolk and Suffolk's Roads and Armed Policing Team stopped the vehicle on the A47 at Acle on Sunday, March 1.
The driver gave false details, as he was disqualified.
He was then arrested for drug driving, disqualified driving, no insurance and travelling at excess speed as the car was subsequently seized.
You may also want to watch:
The NSRAPT team Tweeted: "Driver stopped for 92mph on A47, Acle.
"Positive drug wipe and arrested.
- 1 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 2 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 3 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 4 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 5 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 6 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 7 Commuter trains halted as Norwich to London line blocked
- 8 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 9 Norfolk man jailed for part in raids to blow up cashpoints
- 10 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend
"He'd given false details, 'cause he was disqualified.
"Dealt with for drug driving, disqualified driving, no insurance and excess speed.
"The car was seized!"