WATCH: Shocking footage of police chasing drink-driver
- Credit: Norfolk Police
Norfolk police have released shocking footage of the moment a drink-driver tried to escape the police.
The man was pulled over by the police after travelling over 95mph and driving dangerously on Lingwood Road, near Norwich.
Deciding he wasn't going to stop, the driver pulled away and picked up speed.
He eventually lost control over the car after approaching a bend dangerously and bouncing over a mound of earth and crashing into a field.
The man was later tasered by the police after resisting arrest and for being confrontational.
William Crater, 56, of Post Office Road, Lingwood, was sentenced on Friday at Great Yarmouth Magistrates Court and received an 18-month driving ban.
Sergeant Joe Simon, from Norfolk and Suffolk’s Roads and Armed Policing Team said: "Crater’s actions were irresponsible, and extremely dangerous, and could easily have resulted in the loss of someone’s life."
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 3 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 4 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 5 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 6 Woman in 70s knocked over by cyclist at bus station
- 7 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 8 Home baker opens first shop after business 'snowballed' in lockdown
- 9 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 10 Norwich man found guilty of 33-year-old's murder