‘Erratic’ A47 drink-driver was ‘going through a break-up’
- Credit: Archant
A man who was caught almost three times over the drink-drive limit has been banned from the roads.
Declan Dent, 46, was pulled over by police when he was driving his Vauxhall Cavalier “erratically” on the A47 at Dereham.
He was found to have 102mcg of alcohol in 100ml of breath. The legal limit is 35mcg.
Dent, of Market Lane, Crimplesham appeared at Norwich Magistrates Court on Monday, October 12 when he admitted drink-driving on July 20 this year.
Michael Cole, mitigating, said Dent had been going through a relationship break up and accepted he made the decision to drink too much alcohol.
You may also want to watch:
He said the defendant accepted his guilty and admitted it at the first opportunity.
Dent was banned from driving for a total of 24 months.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 3 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 4 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 5 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 6 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 7 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 8 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 Petrol station queues causing rush-hour delays
He was also fined £1,333, ordered to pay £105 costs and a £133 victim surcharge.