Police chase brought to a halt after van driver escaped onto farm track
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
A police chase was brought to a halt after a van driver headed off-road onto a farm track.
The incident happened after officers tried to stop a blue Ford Transit van on the A148 at Fakenham at 5.20pm on Saturday, February 29.
A police spokesman said they had wanted to speak to the driver regarding a reported theft in the Fakenham area.
But the van failed to stop for the officers so they chased the vehicle down the A148 towards King's Lynn.
However, police said the pursuit was abandoned for safety reasons after the vehicle left the road and drove onto a farm track.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are keen to hear from anybody who may have seen the pursuit or have dash camera footage of the pursuit or the manner of driving of the van.
They're asked to contact PC Alex Chenery at Fakenham Police Station on 101. Alternatively, they can call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 5 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 8 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 9 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards