Police use a helicopter, drone and dogs to search for driver who drove the wrong way down the A11
- Credit: Archant
A motorist has escaped police after driving down the A11 the wrong way.
The police pursuit saw officers chase the car down the A11 from Hethersett towards the stag roundabout at Attleborough at around 7pm on Sunday night.
Upon reaching the roundabout the car started driving down the dual carriageway the wrong way and police were forced to terminate the chase.
It is believed the car drove the wrong way down the dual carriageway for just under half-a-mile.
Officers later found the vehicle abandoned and despite using police dogs, a drone and a helicopter to search for the driver, police could not find any trace of them.
You may also want to watch:
Sergeant Chris Harris from Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team tweeted: 'Busy shift so far following a pursuit along the #A11 from #Hethersett to #Attleborough where vehicle then drove wrong way along #A11 - Pursuit terminated immediately & vehicle found abandoned nearby Drone + @NSPoliceDogs + @NPASLondon used for searching but no trace.'
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 3 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 4 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 5 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 6 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 7 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 8 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 9 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 10 Glamping site approval despite highway safety concerns