Crews tackle tumble dryer fire at hotel in Lowestoft

A tumble dryer caught fire at The Hatfield Hotel in Lowestoft.

A tumble dryer caught fire at The Hatfield Hotel in Lowestoft. - Credit: Archant

A tumble dryer caught fire at a seafront hotel in Lowestoft last night (Monday).

Pictures: Joe Randlesome

Pictures: Joe Randlesome - Credit: Archant

Two crews from Lowestoft South were called to The Hatfield Hotel, on the Esplanade, at 6.19pm, and found the fire in the basement.

Using a thermal imaging camera and one hose reel jet, firefighters extinguished the blaze by 7pm.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter