Creative Kitchen comes to Swaffham after Harleston success
A mobile kitchen that features locally produced food and drink is set to roll out across the region following the success of a pilot project in south Norfolk.
The Creative Kitchen took over an empty shop unit in Harleston last year for a two week demonstration of local produce and recipes.
And the cookery theatre is hitting the road after receiving interest from town councils and town centre partnerships across East Anglia.
Swaffham has already signed up to welcome the Creative Kitchen later this month and organisers say they have had interest from a number of towns.
The project will be run by Retail Revival and the Dove restaurant at Alburgh, near Harleston, and looks to set up in market places or empty shops for a day.
Chef Robert Oberhoffer, owner of the Dove, will lead a series of cookery workshops and tastings using local seasonal produce, with the help of local chefs.
The initiative was formed as a result of Harleston's Local Heroes scheme last year to boost local enterprise and to increase people's knowledge and passion for the town.
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 3 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 4 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 5 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 6 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 7 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 8 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 9 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 10 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
Sally Williams, of Retail Revival, said they aimed to visit a town a week with the Creative Kitchen, which would help boost trade.
She added that strengthening local markets was a good way to increase a town's retail offer in the current economic climate.
'We launched Creative Kitchen in November when there was not a lot of seasonal food about and there will be much more to chose from in the summer months.
For more information, visit www.retailrevival.org.uk