Two crashes caused rush hour delays for motorists on the A47
- Credit: Archant
Motorists faced delays on the A47 following a couple of crashes.
A car and a van were believed to have been involved in a crash this morning (Friday, March 6) between Hockering and Honingham.
The incident resulted in disruption with delays of up to 40 minutes for those heading to Norwich from Tuddenham while there were also delays of about 30 minutes in the opposite direction.
Bus operator KonectBus tweeted a warning to motorists to "avoid the area" because of heavy traffic following the crash.
There were severe delays of up to 40 mins to KonectBus services 7 and 8 and also a number of First Bus services due to the crash.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile there was also a crash near the Pullover roundabout at King's Lynn on the A47.
The incidents come just a day after a crash involving a red Jaguar car and a Ford Transit van at about 7.44am yesterday on the single carriageway stretch of the A47 at Honingham and another crash at Thickthorn on the A47 last night.
The roads have reopened in both incidents.
- 1 Large police presence in Norfolk village after person dies on boat
- 2 Latest situation at Norfolk hospitals sees covid-related admissions remain static
- 3 Village pub offers 'proper' 1p 'Penne-y Pasta' dish with alcoholic drink
- 4 Parts of Norfolk see heavy snow falls with more to come
- 5 Schools close early for Christmas after outbreak of 11 Covid cases
- 6 30,000 Christmas turkeys to be culled in bird flu outbreak
- 7 Workmen unearth six skeletons during city street overhaul
- 8 Man denies running Japanese restaurant from Norwich home for the third time
- 9 Stubborn swan squares up to traffic in Norfolk village
- 10 Delays expected as 48-ton boat is transported through Suffolk and Norfolk