Crash victim confirmed as airman from RAF Mildenhall
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Police have confirmed a man has died following a serious collision in Eriswell this morning.
Three fire and rescue crews joined police and paramedics in rushing to the scene of the fatal crash on the B1112 just after 6.30am, however one of the male drivers involved died at the scene.
The man's name and age have not been revealed currently while his next of kin are informed.
However, RAF Mildenhall wrote on its Facebook page that one of their airman was fatally injured this morning in the crash.
'Please remember to always leave extra time in your schedule when commuting in this area, and always drive safely,' it said.
The road was closed for several hours after the accident, which involved three vehicles between the junctions with Lord's Walk and Eriswell Road.
You may also want to watch:
At the time, police said some of those involved in the crash had sustained serious injuries but details of these have not yet been confirmed.
Fire and rescue crews from Mildenhall, Brandon and Newmarket were all dispatched to the scene.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 4 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 5 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 6 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 7 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 8 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 9 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK
- 10 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
Any witnesses were asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101, quoting reference CAD 36 of June 7.
Police have said that no further details of the victim will be released at this time.