Long delays on A47 after two crashes on same stretch of road between Postwick and Trowse
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2011
There were two separate crashes on the Dereham bound section of the A47 between Postwick and Trowse this morning.
Drivers faced delays on the road following the incidents which both happened at about 7am on the Dereham bound part of the southern bypass near Norwich.
One of the incidents involved a Ford Ka overturning just before the Trowse turn-off on the A47. The other incident close by involved three cars, an Audi, a Skoda and a Honda. Police, fire and ambulance were all called to the scene. Fire crews from Carrow, Earlham and Sprowston attended.
The East of England Ambulance Service treated one person involved in the first crash who was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for further treatment. Another ambulance was dispatched for the second incident.
The road was blocked for a number of hours before opening around lunch time.
There were long queues in the area with some drivers experiencing two hour delays. Konectbus also reported delays to its 2,5, 8 and 13C services due to the crashes.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 3 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 4 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 5 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 6 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 7 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 8 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 9 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 10 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades