Crash blocks part of A47
- Credit: Archant
The A47 is partially blocked after a crash between a van and a car this morning (Wednesday, March 11).
The crash happened on the city-bound carriageway close to Hockering at 6.47am.
Police said a van and a Ford Focus had been involved in the crash and the road has been closed in both directions from Mattishall roundabout and the junction with East Tuddenham.
Diversions have been put in place on Wood Lane.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance has gone to the scene, although it is believed that nobody is seriously injured.
You may also want to watch:
There are long tailbacks while emergency services deal with the crash.
First Buses tweeted that its Excel service would be delayed and diverted via Mattishall, where necessary.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
And Konectbus tweeted that was experiencing delays to its route 8 service because of the crash.
The road was cleared as of 10.15am.
You can visit our live traffic map here.