Part of A140 closed after crash involving car and lorry
- Credit: Simon Parkin
Rush hour motorists faced long delays after the A140 was closed following a collision.
The busy Norwich-Ipswich road had to be shut in both directions as police dealt with the accident just south of Long Stratton at 8.47am on Tuesday.
The crash involved a Volvo car and a lorry and happened in the 50mph section of the road on the outskirts of the village.
Police and ambulance were called to the scene and found both drivers conscious and breathing. Neither had been trapped in the vehicles.
The accident forced officers to close the single-carriageway in both directions. Some traffic had to be diverted on to alternative routes until the road re-opened.
You may also want to watch:
Drivers were advised to allow for least an extra half hour on top of their normal journey time.
• Keep up to date with all the latest travel news via our live traffic map.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 5 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 6 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 7 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old