Crash near Northwold closes A134
- Credit: Archant
Part of the A134 near Northwold remains closed this evening following a crash between a lorry and car this morning.
The crash happened at 10.40am at what is known as the Didlington crossroads.
The lorry and its contents caught fire.
The air ambulance attended and a police spokesman said two people were believed to have been seriously hurt but it is not thought their injuries are life threatening.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service sent appliances from Thetford, Brandon, Downham Market and King's Lynn, to tackle the fire in the lorry's trailer.
You may also want to watch:
The specialist Norfolk Urban Search and Rescue (USAR) team, based at Dereham fire station, were also sent to help cut the trailer away from the cab. The road is currently closed between Northwold and the Mundford roundabout.
It is set to remain closed well into this evening to allow the lorry to be recovered and for the road to be repaired after the contents the lorry was carrying melted onto it.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
Drivers are asked to avoid the area.