Crash causes closure of Norwich street
- Credit: Archant
Part of a Norwich street has been closed following an accident.
Norfolk Police have closed part of Magdalen Street after an accident tonight (Thursday).
An eyewitness told this newspaper two vehicles were involved in the crash, which happened close to The Whalebone Pub near Sewell Park.
They said both the vehicles' windscreens were smashed.
The road was still closed by 11.15pm.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere tonight two fire crews extinguished a vehicle that caught fire between Gorleston and Great Yarmouth.
The incident happened on the A143 (Beccles Road) near the Church Lane Junction at around 9.35pm.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 8 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 9 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 10 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
Crews from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston fire stations used hose reel jets to extinguish the fire, and officers from Norfolk Police were also at the scene.
And there were delays to travel on the A11 and A47 at Thickthorn roundabout because of a spillage.