Crash causes closure of Norwich street
- Credit: Archant
Part of a Norwich street has been closed following an accident.
Norfolk Police have closed part of Magdalen Street after an accident tonight (Thursday).
An eyewitness told this newspaper two vehicles were involved in the crash, which happened close to The Whalebone Pub near Sewell Park.
They said both the vehicles' windscreens were smashed.
The road was still closed by 11.15pm.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere tonight two fire crews extinguished a vehicle that caught fire between Gorleston and Great Yarmouth.
The incident happened on the A143 (Beccles Road) near the Church Lane Junction at around 9.35pm.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
Crews from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston fire stations used hose reel jets to extinguish the fire, and officers from Norfolk Police were also at the scene.
And there were delays to travel on the A11 and A47 at Thickthorn roundabout because of a spillage.