Man in his 20s dies after crashing Mercedes into tree
- Credit: Archant
A driver has died after a crash on a Norfolk road.
Emergency services were called to the B1332 Norwich Road at Hedenham, in the south of the county, at just before 11pm on Sunday, December 9.
A silver Mercedes GL320, which had been travelling in the direction of Norwich, had crashed into a tree as he approached Woodton.
Firefighters from Carrow in Norwich went to the scene and used rescue equipment, but the driver, a man in his 20s, was pronounced dead.
The road was closed and remained shut in both directions on Monday morning.
You may also want to watch:
South Norfolk police tweeted: 'Full road closure in both directions - council diversions in place - highways on scene dealing - avoid the area where possible.'
Police would like to hear from anybody who saw the crash, saw the way the car was being driven beforehand, or who has dash-cam evidence.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 5 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 6 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 8 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 9 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich
- 10 Farmers hope to unlock 'huge potential' of cannabis crops
Witnesses should call the serious collision investigation team at Wymondham on 101, quoting CAD reference 464 of December 9.
Click here to visit our live traffic map.