Man in his 20s dies after crashing Mercedes into tree
- Credit: Archant
A driver has died after a crash on a Norfolk road.
Emergency services were called to the B1332 Norwich Road at Hedenham, in the south of the county, at just before 11pm on Sunday, December 9.
A silver Mercedes GL320, which had been travelling in the direction of Norwich, had crashed into a tree as he approached Woodton.
Firefighters from Carrow in Norwich went to the scene and used rescue equipment, but the driver, a man in his 20s, was pronounced dead.
The road was closed and remained shut in both directions on Monday morning.
You may also want to watch:
South Norfolk police tweeted: 'Full road closure in both directions - council diversions in place - highways on scene dealing - avoid the area where possible.'
Police would like to hear from anybody who saw the crash, saw the way the car was being driven beforehand, or who has dash-cam evidence.
- 1 Welcome to our new website
- 2 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 3 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 4 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 5 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 6 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 7 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 8 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 9 Missing pregnant woman found
- 10 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive
Witnesses should call the serious collision investigation team at Wymondham on 101, quoting CAD reference 464 of December 9.
Click here to visit our live traffic map.