Motorcyclist airlifted to hospital after crash on A47
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2012
A motorcyclist has been airlifted to hospital with serious injuries after a crash on the A47 Acle Straight.
The crash, involving a motorcyclist and a van, happened about a mile away from the Vauxhall Holiday Park at just after 7.30am on Wednesday.
The air ambulance and an ambulance crew went to the scene, with the motorcyclist injured.
The motorcyclist was airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge with serious, but not life-threatening, injuries.
The road was closed in both directions, blocked at the Acle and Vauxhall roundabouts, while emergency services attended.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk police, who had urged drivers to avoid the area, said the road had reopened at 9.15pm.
Drivers had been facing diversions via the A146 southbound from Trowse via Thurton to the A143, then from the A143 north via Toft Banks towards Great Yarmouth to join the A12, before continuing north on that road to join the A47.
- You can keep up to date with all the latest travel news via our live traffic map.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 3 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 4 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 7 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 10 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors