A47 reopens following crash at Honingham
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Police closed the A47 at Honingham following a crash this morning.
Norfolk Police said the road was closed in both directions between the Honingham and Easton roundabouts.
It is understood that a car went off the carriageway and hit a tree.
Two people have been taken to hospital, although their injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
Police posted on Twitter that the A47 was partially blocked as of 7.11am (April 2).
At 7.38am it said the road was closed to allow emergency services to work at the scene.
Norfolk fire service said crews from Earlham and Dereham used hydraulic rescue equipment to free people.
- 1 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 2 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 3 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 4 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 5 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 6 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 7 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 8 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 9 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 10 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
They were sent to the scene at 6.51am.
Konectbus said its Konectexpress 8 service was experiencing delays due to the crash. The company said an extra bus was being sent to help.
Honingham is situated around eight miles to the west of Norwich.
• Norfolk Police said the A47 reopened at 10.40am in both directions.