A47 reopens following crash at Honingham
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Police closed the A47 at Honingham following a crash this morning.
Norfolk Police said the road was closed in both directions between the Honingham and Easton roundabouts.
It is understood that a car went off the carriageway and hit a tree.
Two people have been taken to hospital, although their injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
Police posted on Twitter that the A47 was partially blocked as of 7.11am (April 2).
You may also want to watch:
At 7.38am it said the road was closed to allow emergency services to work at the scene.
Norfolk fire service said crews from Earlham and Dereham used hydraulic rescue equipment to free people.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 3 What each lockdown tier could mean for Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 5 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 6 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 7 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 8 Why have Norfolk and Suffolk been placed in Tier 2?
- 9 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 10 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
They were sent to the scene at 6.51am.
Konectbus said its Konectexpress 8 service was experiencing delays due to the crash. The company said an extra bus was being sent to help.
Honingham is situated around eight miles to the west of Norwich.
• Norfolk Police said the A47 reopened at 10.40am in both directions.