A47 reopens following crash at Honingham
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Police closed the A47 at Honingham following a crash this morning.
Norfolk Police said the road was closed in both directions between the Honingham and Easton roundabouts.
It is understood that a car went off the carriageway and hit a tree.
Two people have been taken to hospital, although their injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
Police posted on Twitter that the A47 was partially blocked as of 7.11am (April 2).
You may also want to watch:
At 7.38am it said the road was closed to allow emergency services to work at the scene.
Norfolk fire service said crews from Earlham and Dereham used hydraulic rescue equipment to free people.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 7 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 8 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 9 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 10 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
They were sent to the scene at 6.51am.
Konectbus said its Konectexpress 8 service was experiencing delays due to the crash. The company said an extra bus was being sent to help.
Honingham is situated around eight miles to the west of Norwich.
• Norfolk Police said the A47 reopened at 10.40am in both directions.