Pedestrian taken to hospital after being hit by car on Norwich ring road
- Credit: Archant
A pedestrian had to be taken to hospital with minor injuries after they were hit by a car close to the Norwich ring road.
Police officers and ambulance crews were called to the junction of the A140 Boundary Road and the A1067 Drayton High Road in Hellesdon at around 12.50pm on Friday.
The junction, next to the Asda supermarket and close to the Sweet Briar industrial estate, was partially blocked as emergency workers tended to the injured person.
Student Emily Barker was in the car with her mother and sister when they drove past the scene at about 1.30pm.
She said: “We pulled out of our road and we were in a long queue up until the Car Shop junction, and saw someone lying on the ground on a stretcher and the car. It seemed like the driver was sat in the police car.”
You may also want to watch:
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesperson said: “EEAST responded to an emergency call shortly before 1pm regarding an incident on the A140 Boundary Road, Hellesdon. We sent an ambulance and a rapid response car to the scene.
“We transported the patient to Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital for further care and treatment.”
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 4 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
Emergency services are no longer on the scene and, as of 4.30pm, traffic is flowing freely through the junction.
• For regular updates about traffic in Norfolk, visit our live travel map.