Delays after three-vehicle crash near Downham Market
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Drivers faced delays after the A10 in West Norfolk was closed for nearly nine hours following a crash.
Police were called to reports of a collision involving three vehicles on the A10 near Downham Market at 5.20am this morning.
Police said a black Renault Laguna and a Vauxhall Corsa were travelling along the A10 towards Downham Market and a black Kawasaki motorbike was travelling in the opposite direction towards King's Lynn.
King's Lynn police said the road remained closed between Bexwell Roundabout and the Wimbotsham turn-off until around 2.10pm this afternoon.
An ambulance spokesman said crews treated one male patient, the rider of the motorbike, who had sustained leg and wrist fractures. He was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital for further care.
You may also want to watch:
Highways were called to assist police with diversions.
Norfolk fire and rescue service said they were called to help police in Downham Market, but were stood down.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 7 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
Anyone who may have witnessed the collision, or the manner of driving/riding of either vehicle prior to the incident, should contact PC Chris Bradley at Swaffham Roads Policing by calling 101.