Crafty Walcott lot on the hunt for new members
- Credit: Archant
Crafty women are using their talents to urge others to join them.
The Walcott Material Girls gather every week in the village hall to create patchwork quilts and other items for charities, friends and family.
This year they are designing and creating a giant banner, displaying some of the skills acquired by group members over many years of craft work.
Jean Miller, one the original founders, has been involved for more than 10 years and said she would love to see more members join.
'We have a natter and enjoy the cosy atmosphere with tea and biscuits. New members are very welcome to come along and just have a look or bring something that they are working on, even if you haven't ever attempted any of these things, or need reminding.
You may also want to watch:
'We will get you started - even to help out with our banner. Material girls are 'sew' go!'
The group meets at Walcott Village Hall on Thursdays from 1.30pm-4pm. For more information ring Annie: 01692 500226.
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 5 Week's worth of fuel gone in hours at village filling station
- 6 Nine ways to make your fuel last and avoid joining petrol station queues
- 7 Why are there queues for petrol - and do you really need to fill up?
- 8 NASA rocket spotted over Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk Broads' village in £150,000 bid to buy land at auction
- 10 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances