Crafts fair rescheduled due to high winds goes ahead on ‘glorious’ day
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich craft fair which was cancelled due to high winds was described as a 'glorious' success following the rescheduled event.
The Norwich Crafts in the Garden event, which sees between 500 and 1,000 visitors each year, was at Chapelfield Gardens on Saturday, August 31, from 10am-4pm.
Norwich Centenary Rotary club president Chris Rees said: "It's been a glorious day - the sun is shining.
"We had a great day with 70 craft stalls from across Norfolk and Suffolk, four local singers, a ukelele orchestra and a dance troupe.
"We were really pleased with the public support for the Craft Fair and for the Boudicca Breast Cancer Appeal and have raised several thousand for charity.
You may also want to watch:
"After having to move the date we were concerned we would not be able to let enough people know about it but the turnout was really positive."
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 5 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 6 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 7 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 8 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 9 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 10 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor