Crackling job! Norfolk Police saves the bacon of piglets running along the A47
- Credit: Archant
Whilst most little piggies go to market or stay at home, these little piggies went wee, wee, wee along the A47.
A couple of piglets gave a new meaning to the phrase hogging the road when they caused long tailbacks on the A47 this morning.
The pig panic happened at 9.30am on Wednesday morning just after the Thickthorn junction heading towards Yarmouth.
But Norfolk Police were on hand to save the bacon of the escapees and chased them along the road.
David Richardson, a Norwich-based photographer who captured the moment on camera, said: 'I was travelling to the office around 9.30 and heard on the radio that there were a couple of piglets running around on the A47.
You may also want to watch:
'Then I came across the scene, police trying to capture them.
'Hopefully the piggies are okay because it was fun to watch while we were stationary on the road.'
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 9 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 10 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash
Do you know where the piglets came from? Email Louisa.Baldwin@Archant.co.uk