Crackling job! Norfolk Police saves the bacon of piglets running along the A47
- Credit: Archant
Whilst most little piggies go to market or stay at home, these little piggies went wee, wee, wee along the A47.
A couple of piglets gave a new meaning to the phrase hogging the road when they caused long tailbacks on the A47 this morning.
The pig panic happened at 9.30am on Wednesday morning just after the Thickthorn junction heading towards Yarmouth.
But Norfolk Police were on hand to save the bacon of the escapees and chased them along the road.
David Richardson, a Norwich-based photographer who captured the moment on camera, said: 'I was travelling to the office around 9.30 and heard on the radio that there were a couple of piglets running around on the A47.
'Then I came across the scene, police trying to capture them.
'Hopefully the piggies are okay because it was fun to watch while we were stationary on the road.'
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 3 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 4 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 5 More than 80 Norfolk parishes protest against wind farm plans
- 6 Man stopped 504 people from getting jabs after gluing vaccine centre locks
- 7 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk hotel set to launch five romantic orchard cabins next year
- 9 Tributes paid to much-loved family man who died in A143 crash
- 10 Road closed for 'emergency' repairs to Victorian footbridge
Do you know where the piglets came from? Email Louisa.Baldwin@Archant.co.uk