Cracking turnout for Sheringham Easter bonnet parade
- Credit: Archant
Headgear on show at Sheringham's annual Easter bonnet parade ranged from traditional hats adorned with rabbits, chicks and daffodils, to wacky creations including a Mr Potato Head-inspired Humpty Dumpty topper and a spring garden complete with real grass and knitted carrots.
Organised by Sheringham Playpark Revamp Group and Ladybird Pre-School Nursery, the event included a face painting and craft stalls, as well as games and a cake sale.
Entrants lined up on Otterndorf Green for judging by town mayor David Gooch, with town crier Andrew Cunningham-Brown and bonnet competition winner Florrie Robbins leading a parade through the town.
Playpark group founder member Emma White said the parade had a real 'buzz'.
'We were very pleased with the turnout,' she added. 'There were some fantastic bonnets, it was great to have some sunshine and we were really pleased to be working with Ladybird.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 9 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 10 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace