Couple to open garden for annual bulb sale
- Credit: Nick Butcher
John and Brenda Foster will be opening their garden at Gable House in Redisham for their annual bulb sale.
The event will be held on Sunday, September 3, from 11am to 5pm.
Situated between Halesworth and Beccles, the one-acre garden contains a huge range of plants which have been acquired over many years. This month's opening gives free entry and the chance for gardeners to purchase many of the unusual and choice bulbs and plants grown at Gable House, many not obtainable from the usual sources.
Bulbs include hardy cyclamen, narcissus, erythronium, various forms of colchicums often called 'Naked Ladies' or 'Autumn Crocus'. The true crocus species will include many autumn flowering forms from around the world.
Those wishing to visit will be able to enjoy homemade light lunches and afternoon tea in the garden.
Gable House also opens to visitors throughout the year as part of the National Garden Scheme.
You can find the garden off Halesworth Road, Redisham, NR34 8NE.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 4 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 5 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 6 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 7 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 8 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 9 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 10 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages