Couple to open garden for annual bulb sale
- Credit: Nick Butcher
John and Brenda Foster will be opening their garden at Gable House in Redisham for their annual bulb sale.
The event will be held on Sunday, September 3, from 11am to 5pm.
Situated between Halesworth and Beccles, the one-acre garden contains a huge range of plants which have been acquired over many years. This month's opening gives free entry and the chance for gardeners to purchase many of the unusual and choice bulbs and plants grown at Gable House, many not obtainable from the usual sources.
Bulbs include hardy cyclamen, narcissus, erythronium, various forms of colchicums often called 'Naked Ladies' or 'Autumn Crocus'. The true crocus species will include many autumn flowering forms from around the world.
Those wishing to visit will be able to enjoy homemade light lunches and afternoon tea in the garden.
You may also want to watch:
Gable House also opens to visitors throughout the year as part of the National Garden Scheme.
You can find the garden off Halesworth Road, Redisham, NR34 8NE.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 3 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 7 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village