Couple tie the knot in beach wedding at Hemsby
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A couple have proved that beaches are not just for deck chairs and ice creams as they tied the knot on Hemsby's sandy dunes.
Assistant wardens, Jon Bichard, 37 and Sam Pinckney, 31, opted out from getting married in a traditional church, and chose a British seaside backdrop instead.
The wedding took place at midday on Saturday, September 9, and afterwards guests were invited back to Hemsby Tent and Touring for fish and chips from the village chip shop, followed by ice creams from Dimascio of Great Yarmouth.
With a white and blue theme, the east coast beach presented sweeping blue vistas and crisp golden sand as the couple exchanged their vows with family and friends in attendance.
Bridesmaid Jane Hall suggested the couple got married on the beach. She said: 'The day was fantastic, the sun was shining and we couldn't have asked for a better day.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 What happened when The Only Way Is Essex was filmed in Norfolk?