Couple hope Norwich fans will snap up yellow and green courgettes
- Credit: Archant
A Costessey nurseryman is offering green - and yellow - fingered gardeners a chance to make a zany zucchini meal of Norwich City's promotion back to the Premier League.
Lifelong Canaries fan Philip Pitkethly and his wife Annette are busy planting up trays of mixed baby courgette plants that will deliver a mix of green and yellow vegetables.
Mr Pitkethly said: 'They'll add a celebration splash of colour to supporters' gardens – and they'll look great on the plate right around the time the new season kicks off in August.'
He added: 'Maybe we could persuade Delia to come up with a special recipe.....'
The couple have run Eastern Plant Supplies from their Riverview Nurseries at Costessey for 22 years, supplying flower and vegetable plants to the wholesale trade.
You may also want to watch:
He added: 'We'll be offering the special promotion plants to garden centres across the county.'
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 3 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 6 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 7 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer