Couple avoid injury as car smashes through garden fence and collides with skip in East Harling
- Credit: Archant
A couple have avoided serious injury after a car that left the road collided with a skip that had been temporarily put in front of their living room.
A man in his 40s has been arrested in connection with the incident, which saw a BMW end up in the garden of the home in Lopham Road, East Harling, at around 5.30pm yesterday.
A spokesman for Norfolk Police said officers were called to reports of a two vehicle crash involving the BMW and a Renault Laguna.
The BMW left Lopham Road at the junction with Hamblings Piece, smashing through a section of fence panels, before colliding with a tree and the skip.
The couple were sitting in their front room watching television when the incident took place, with the skip preventing a collision with the house.
You may also want to watch:
The police spokesman said: ''The incident is being linked to a previous collision at around 5pm in Castle Street, Thetford, where the same BMW was involved in a collision with the same Laguna and another vehicle, a Mazda.
'A man in his 40s and from the local area was arrested in connection with the incident on suspicion of dangerous driving. He was taken to Wymondham Police Investigation Centre where he remains in custody.'
- 1 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 4 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 5 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 6 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 7 Plastic fork firm redundancies blamed on supermarket ‘greenwashing’
- 8 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 9 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 10 Home baker opens first shop after business 'snowballed' in lockdown