Country duo The Shires to perform open-air concert near Norwich
- Credit: CAA Artists
Country duo The Shires are set to perform an open-air concert near Norwich in the the summer.
They are the latest act to be announced for a weekend of music programmed by Norwich-based Outside Live at Taverham Hall in July.
The Shires, who last year played a headline set on the Accoustic Stage at Glastonbury, will take to the Taverham Hall outdoor stage on Sunday, July 30.
As previously reported, ahead of The Shires' performance, Jools Holland and his Rhythm and Blues Orchestra will be playing on Friday, July 28, and the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra will perform The Music of Bond on Saturday, July 29.
About the addition of The Shires to the summer concert line-up, Outside Live director Ollie George, said: 'We're delighted The Shires are able to join us at Taverham Hall in July...It's a completely different genre of music to our other offerings for the last weekend in July.
You may also want to watch:
'I first heard The Shires several years ago when they [were] interviewed on BBC Radio 2, I then saw them perform live in Hyde Park last summer. They are an incredible act and blew everyone away, most seeing them for the first time. It was late afternoon and the sun was coming down. It was the perfect setting and one I'm looking forward to replicating for our picnickers at Taverham Hall this summer.'
For more details about the concerts, including ticket prices and how to book, visit www.outsidelive.co.uk or call the box office on 01603 310999.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 4 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 7 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 8 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 9 End of an era as hardware store closes after 60 years
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
Do you have a Norwich arts story? Email arts correspondent Emma Knights at email@example.com