Councillors to launch litter picking events in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A series of litter pick events are being held in Great Yarmouth.
Councillors have said following resident's concerns regarding fly tipping and litter in the town they decided to set up the events.
Labour's borough group leader Trevor Wainwright and county councillor Mike Smith-Clare will be heading up the Community Clear Up which starts next week.
Litter picking kits will be provided and the rubbish will be disposed of by a borough council contractor.
Mr Smith-Clare said: 'Our events are designed not just to clear up communities blighted by rubbish, but encourage residents to become empowered to solve the problem.'
You may also want to watch:
The dates for the first litter picks are Wednesday, July 12 from 6-7pm, Saturday, July 15 from 10.30-11.30am and Wednesday, July 19 from 6-7pm.
The meeting point is outside Great Yarmouth library 15 minutes before the start time.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 4 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 5 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 6 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 10 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night