Council's warning over city Ibiza event advert
- Credit: DENISE BRADLEY/Archant2021
A post advertising an event in Norwich city centre has been called into question after the council insisted its venue is not hosting it.
A page on Facebook was set up this week advertising an Ibiza Orchestra Live concert in Chapelfield Gardens on October 1, an event which also has its own website.
The page is inviting people to register their interest in the event and submit details to be given updates on ticket sales.
However, Norwich City Council has thrown the event into question by insisting the park is not booked for this event.
A spokesman said on Thursday morning: "We have become aware, via social media posts and discussions with other agencies, that an event called Ibiza Orchestra Live is being promoted as taking place on October 1 at Chapelfield Gardens.
“This is incorrect, as the event’s organisers have not contacted us and we have a tentative booking at the park for the same date regardless."
The event page, which was set up on Tuesday this week, claims that the event will be an "epic spectacular".
- 1 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 2 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 3 Staff and customers gutted after fire badly damages popular takeaway
- 4 Is this Norfolk's quirkiest cafe?
- 5 Investigations continue after stabbing in town park
- 6 'Covid has killed us' - 65-year-old Norwich venue The Talk to close
- 7 Norfolk recruiting police officers - but not those with 'offensive' tattoos
- 8 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 9 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 10 'The time has come' - Landlord of seaside pub retires after 50 years at helm
The advert says: "For one night only get ready to be taken back to the white isle with some of the most iconic Ibiza tracks of all time performed by the incredible Ibiza Orchestra."
The Ibiza Orchestra Live website contains listings for similar events across the country, in locations such as Milton Keynes, Northampton and Swansea.