Council pushing for green travel boost across north Norfolk
- Credit: PA
Environmentally-friendly car journeys could be made easier in north Norfolk if councillors give the green light for a review into new electric vehicle charging points.
A proposal to investigate the business case of creating three new charging points in the east, west and central areas of the district will be debated by members of North Norfolk District Council cabinet on Monday February 2.
There are 24 charge points within a 50 mile radius of Cromer, according to a national charge point registry.
Two of the points in north Norfolk are at the Nissan Garage in Bodham and Waitrose supermarket car park in North Walsham.
The Nissan garage point is free to use during its opening hours but Waitrose charges users.
You may also want to watch:
It is not yet known if the new council points would be free or not, if introduced.
Sheila Oxtoby, chief executive of North Norfolk District Council, said: 'We wouldn't be looking to generate income with this but don't want to burden the taxpayer.'
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 3 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 4 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 5 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 8 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 9 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 10 Police reopen road following earlier crash
Council leader Tom FitzPatrick said: 'There is a shortage of charging points across the district. We see it as an indictment for tourism as well as for local people in their cars.'
The idea came out of the council's Greenbuild festival last year which promotes all things which are good for the environment.