Council offers free parking on Saturdays in run-up to Christmas
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
An early festive present is to be given to people visiting towns in part of Norfolk - free parking on Saturdays in the run-up to Christmas.
South Norfolk Council is waiving charges in its car parks on Saturdays in December - the 3rd, 10th, 17th and 24th of the month.
Councillor Lee Hornby said: 'Our market towns have some wonderful shops, ideal for picking up unique and special Christmas gifts. There are also some great places to stop for a cup of coffee and a bite to eat.'
Free parking will be available at the following car parks:
Diss: Park Road, Chapel Street Lower, Chapel Street Upper, Church Street, Weavers Court, Mount Street, Shelfanger Road East, Shelfanger Road West.
You may also want to watch:
Wymondham: Back Lane, Town Green, Market Street, Cemetery Lane.
Loddon: Church Plain and the Staithe.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 3 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 4 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 5 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 6 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 7 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 8 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 9 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 10 Missing man found by off-duty police officer