Could you serve as a town councillor?
- Credit: Archant
Members of the public are being invited to put themselves forward to serve on Dereham Town Council.
A position has become available after the resignation of Haydn Rogers.
No by-election will take place as only one candidate was put forward so a new councillor will be co-opted onto the council.
Anyone interested is invited to send in writing some details about themselves and express why they want to serve on the council, to the e mail generalenquiries@derehamtown or by writing to Dereham Town Council, Assembly Rooms, Quebec Street, Dereham, NR19 2DJ by the end of September.
Councillors will then vote on who should serve on the council at their October 10 meeting.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham Town Council clerk Tony Needham said: 'We want to give time for people to consider it and to attend any meetings and speak to the councillors before deciding if it's for them.'
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home
- 8 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 9 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones